The procedure is primarily utilized to surgically remove excess, draping skin in the lower abdomen or upper abdomen (also known as a Reverse Avelar). It does not require transplantation of the belly button and there is no over-sewing of the abdominal muscles.
The Avelar Tummy Tuck combines abdominal liposuction with excision or surgical removal of the excess skin of the lower abdomen or sometimes upper abdomen. The liposuction is performed using tumescent anesthesia. Tumescent anesthesia is a form of local anesthesia where a special fluid is inserted into the surgical area. The fluid numbs the area as well as reduces bleeding and bruising. This allows the liposuction and later the excess skin removal to be done comfortably with the patient awake. The end result is a flat stomach with no excess skin.*
There are several unique advantages to an Avelar Tummy Tuck over the traditional method*:
- The surgery may be done as an outpatient procedure because it is less invasive
- No postoperative surgical drains are needed to reduce the fluid buildup which is common with a traditional tummy tuck
- More fat is able to be removed via liposuction during the procedure
- Daily activities and exercise routines can be resumed more quickly, because the Avelar method has a shorter recovery time
- Overall, the patient undergoing an Avelar Tummy Tuck procedure experiences less trauma when compared to a traditional tummy tuck (also known as an abdominoplasty).
The results of an Avelar Tummy Tuck are a slimmer and more toned profile without the draping skin. Scar placement is also usually quite similar to a standard abdominoplasty, which is designed to be hidden by normal undergarments.*
To the Miracle Man-You did a wonderful job. I have no regrets about having had this done. My rolls of fat were very uncomfortable for me. My shape has already improved dramatically with the body sculpting and it’s only been 2 1/2 weeks. *Disclaimer: These results are not typical of everyone who uses our services. Individual results may vary.